The Lucan Marked Me

Started by admin, Today at 04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

The Lucan Marked Me 

Synopsis:

I had hidden my powers for so long, only to foolishly be caught making a firewood burn from a distance. 

A sharp gasp came just then from behind me, my eyes widened as I turned to look at them, the omegas had their judging gaze on me.

Shit, I knew I wouldn't escape it the moment they saw that.

First, having powers among werewolves were forbidden, it was seen as a threat to the packs. Even worse if an Omega has power and I fell in the latter.

An omega with powers.

"Did you see that? I knew she was strange from the very first time she was brought to the omega quarters." One of them whispered loudly enough for me to hear from where I stood.

My hands curled into my dress, damn it...what have I done?

"We have to go tell the Alpha—"

"We can't cover her...what if the Alpha finds out we tried to protect such a threat?"

My heart dropped to my stomach.

They'd seen the firewood I had barely touched, bursting into flames. Shame twisted my insides.

How stupid was I to have been caught?

If I'd been a few feet closer, I might have told a lie to cover it up. But the distance between the firewood and myself had been significant. I'd been reaching for it, but I hadn't touched it yet.

And still, the flames had started.

I didn't need anyone to tell me I was no longer safe here, before they could take a step, I bolted to my room, I had grabbed what little I owned and ran. 

Only the mention of the Alpha, had brought me back to my senses. Because I knew how these stories ended. I knew what happened to wolves who were different. 

They were hunted and burned.

If the Alpha found out? I had a good idea what would happen. He would have me beheaded. Or staked. Bottom line?

He would have me killed one way or another.

Werewolves with powers were treated worse than a plague. Deep down everyone was scared of what they could wield with their powers, but no one would ever admit it.

They'd all somehow agreed we were cursed instead, and we needed to be wiped off the face of the earth like the many others that had come before us.

I refused to be next.

It all depended on how far away I could get from my pack. The path I was on was familiar from all the times I'd been out hunting for food. My lungs burned in my chest as I ran for my dear life, the muscles of my arms itching as though they were on fire.

I winced as something pricked the under of my feet, but I didn't stop to inspect it.


>>> Read it here <<<